CALS HelpDesk - Submitting a Ticket
Instructions for submitting a help ticket in the CALS HelpDesk system
Creating a ticket in the CALS Helpdesk system can be accomplished either via an email message of through the web interface. See further instructions below.
Email Ticket Submission
- From your email client, address your email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Subject line can contain anything you'd like
- In the body of your email describe your support request and send.
- Your ticket will be created in the HelpDesk system and you will receive an email confirmation of the ticket creation and ticket number assignment. The body of the confirmation email will also include a link to check the status of your ticket as well as links for adding notes to the ticket or canceling the ticket.
Web Ticket Submission
- Log into the CALS HelpDesk system with your netid at: https://webhelpdesk.cals.wisc.edu
- On the Request tab, select your request type from the drop-down box.
- Depending upon the request type you choose, you may need to select a sub-request type.
- Complete the form to the best of your abilities and click on the Save button. Note that at a minimum, the request detail must be entered. Other required fields will be marked with an asterisk (*).
- Once the ticket has been created, you will receive a confirmation screen with the ticket number assignment. In addition, you will receive an email confirmation of the ticket creation and ticket number assignment. The body of the confirmation email will also include a link to check the status of your ticket as well as links for adding notes to the ticket or canceling the ticket.
- CALS HelpDesk - Submitting a Ticket on Behalf of Another Client
- CALS HelpDesk - Assigning an Asset to your Ticket
- CALS HelpDesk - Creating an Account
- CALS HelpDesk - Managing Your Submitted Ticket
- CALS HelpDesk - Service Description
- CALS HelpDesk - Updating Your Profile
- CALS HelpDesk - Request Form Definitions