Azure - Granting Users Access to an Azure Subscription
Azure subscriptions accounts are configured to allow users to sign in to the Azure Portal using NetID authentication.
Adding a user to a subscription
- Review the existing assignments for users and groups, to see if the user already has some access (https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/active-directory/role-based-access-control-manage-assignments)
- To add access for a user, use "Add a role assignment" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/role-assignments-portal)
- Search for the user or group in the "select" box. This box should contain all NetID users.
- Select a role. Typical roles are Contributor or Reader (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles)
- Use of the "Owner" role should be limited, as this role can create or remove additional users from the subscription
- For assistance creating a more tailored or custom role, please email us at email@example.com
- Save the role assignment. The user can now log into the Azure Portal
How Azure subscriptions are associated with Azure Active Directory
Accessing usage and charges
To allow additional users to view the estimated charges associated with an Azure subscription, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.