CALS HelpDesk - Service Description
CALS HelpDesk system service information
The CALS HelpDesk service is a web-based ticket-tracking system using SolarWinds Web Help Desk product. It was implemented by the CALS IT/Administrative Computing Services (ACS) unit to provide a streamlined approach for IT service & support requests. It replaces our previous support request web forms and inventory database (an Access database). The new HelpDesk service went into production in November 2016.
CALS HelpDesk is primarily for customers of either CALS Administrative Computing Services (ACS) or the CALS IT Office. However, anyone with a valid UW-Madison netid may submit a ticket in the system. If you are not currently a customer of either CALS ACS or CALS IT, your ticket will be handled and routed as best we can.
The CALS HelpDesk system is supported by staff in the CALS ACS office. If you need to reach us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AvailabilityThe CALS HelpDesk system is available 24/7, 365 days a year for ticket tracking purposes. Technician responses and ticket work-time is typically done within regular office hours M-F 7:00AM-4:30PM. Emergency requests outside of normal office hours will be handled as best we can.
- CALS HelpDesk - Submitting a Ticket on Behalf of Another Client
- CALS HelpDesk - Submitting a Ticket
- CALS HelpDesk - Assigning an Asset to your Ticket
- CALS HelpDesk - Creating an Account
- CALS HelpDesk - Managing Your Submitted Ticket
- CALS HelpDesk - Updating Your Profile
- CALS HelpDesk - Request Form Definitions