Office 365 - Thunderbird - How to Add a Header to Reply Messages
This document explains how to change settings in Thunderbird to automatically add a full header to reply messages. It is relevant for Thunderbird 1.5 or later.
Thunderbird does not include headers by default when replying to a message, as shown in the example below.
To change this setting, you will need to download an add-on and install it in Thunderbird.
- Open a web browser and go to https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/changequote-en.html.
- At the bottom of the page, right-click on the link Change_quote_and_reply_format and choose Save Link As.
- Save the file to the Desktop.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Go to the Tools menu at the top of the screen, and click Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Click Install, and navigate to the file you saved to the Desktop. It should be named changequote-0.5.5.1.xpi.
- Open the file and click Install Now.
Note: The Install button will change to Install Now after the countdown ends.
- Click the Restart Thunderbird button.
- After Thunderbird re-opens, go to the Tools menu at the top of the screen, and click Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Change quote and reply format from the menu, and click Options. (For mac, click Preferences.)
- Under the "Reply header" tab, select the first radio button, Extended reply header. Click Ok.
- Close out of the Add-ons window.
- Test the add-on by opening an email and clicking Reply. You should see the full header above the original message.