PY - Legal Settlements for Wages and Non-Wages


This document includes the process to follow to get a legal settlement processed in HRS.

  • To process the request, the UWSC must have an email from the requester, the settlement agreement, and a W-4 if applicable.
    • If a W4 is needed, make sure it's entered in HRS before requesting the settlement check
  • It must be determined if the settlement is WRS eligible.  Legal council is contacted if the Service Center is unable to make that determination.
  • If special funding is required, it must be included with the request or entered in HRS prior to your request being submitted.


Because of special process considerations all legal settlements are done off-cycle. The department or institution HR Administrator should send an email to the UW Service Center Payroll Manager.  Please include the following information:

  • All pertinent information that will be needed and isn't included in the settlement agreement. Specifically the turn-around time for receiving the check and where it should be sent.
  • The settlement agreement
  • Funding information if different than what is currently in HRS
An off-cycle payment will be processed according to our off-cycle processing schedule which is a Wednesday check date.


Related KBs:

  • N/A

Related Links:

  • N/A

Keywords:Payouts payroll pay out contract   Doc ID:74974
Owner:Kelsey L.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
Created:2017-07-31 14:18 CSTUpdated:2019-04-09 08:50 CST
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
Feedback:  0   0