Jabra 510s Speakerphone Connection Instructions
Instructions for using the Jabra 510s speakerphone
As an overview, the picture below lays out the buttons and their corresponding function for the Jabra 510+ speaker.
Note: The Speaker does contain an independent battery so it does not need to be continuously plugged in via USB (to view the battery level, tap the battery button when the device is turned on). To turn on and turn off the speaker, hold the On/Off button for at least 2 seconds until you see the ring of lights appear.
How to Connect the Jabra 510 to your computer (PC/Mac)
- Plug in the attached USB cable to your PC/Mac. The speaker will turn on automatically once it is successfully connected to your computer.
- You may need to change your default audio output device when you connect the speaker, particularly if you were using a different speaker before.
- To change your output device setting:
Windows: Click on the audio button in the bottom right corner of Windows. Then hit the arrow circled on the picture below and make sure it is set to “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Jabra SPEAK…)”
Mac: Click on the speaker/volume button in the upper right corner of your desktop. Then change the output device to "Jabra SPEAK 510 USB"
- Once the output device has been changed to the Jabra 510, you can use it as a speakerphone for your phone calls.
How to Connect the Jabra to your Mobile Phone via Bluetooth
- First, touch and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for approximately 2 seconds until you see a blue dot appear. The speaker should also prompt you, saying to access the Bluetooth settings on your phone and connect to the speaker.
- When trying to connect in some cases, the speaker will ask for a password. The password is simply 0000.