Course enrollment - Guest and Senior Guest Auditors
Course enrollment instructions for Guest and Senior Guest auditors.
Admitted UW-Madison Guest and Senior Auditors
Guest auditors and Senior Guest auditors may begin enrolling the first day of classes of their admitted term. Enrollment can occur once they have been given permission to enroll from the department and permission has been entered by the department (see steps 3, 4 & 5 below). (Please note: Prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison, you must apply and be admitted as a student.) (For those participating in Tim Gattenby's course, go to this link Kinesiology 125 - Adapted Fitness course )
Steps 1 and 2 can be completed before the first day of class (once you are an admitted student).
1. Create a username/login (known as "Activate your NetID").
- Go to my.wisc.edu to activate your NetID (aka username). To create/active your NetID you will need your 10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission. Your Net ID is NOT your 10 digit campus/student/Wiscard ID number. The NetID that is generated during activation is usually your first initial and last name and sometimes your middle initial or a number. This will be assigned automatically to you when it is initially activated.
- Need help? Obtain instructions to activate your NetID here. Former students can get help with NetID and password at https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/. Current or former UW-Madison employees who already have a NetID, please see the information listed at the bottom of this page. Or try our FAQ page.
Steps 3 through 5 can be completed on the first day of class.
3. Attend the first day of class with your permission to enroll form.
- Complete the 'Permission to Enroll Form' found here. This form is included in your admission letter and is typically green in color.
- Attend the first day of class, ask the instructor if they will sign your permission to enroll form.
- The staff in the department will enter your permission into the computer, however, you will NOT be officially enrolled in the course at this point.
- Remember to confirm with the department when the class permission will be entered AND when it will expire.
- Log in to your MyUW using your NetID and password and select 'Course Search & Enroll'.
- Review our detailed enrollment instructions found here. (Please note, you may need to select a discussion course when enrolling, even though you will not be attending the discussion).
- If you are still not able to enroll, please contact the UW-Madison IT Help Desk for assistance.
- Avoid $50 late enrollment fee by enrolling in your class by the enrollment deadline.
Current or former UW-Madison employees:
- The 10 digit ID number found on your Letter of Admission or email is your campus/student ID number NOT your employee ID number.
- If you go to your MyUW portal and do not see a 'Course Search and Enroll' app, please contact the UW-Madison IT Help Desk.
Follow this link to 'Learn More' about the glossary terms listed in this document: