EPD - Blackboard Ultra Quick Start for EPD Online Instructors
A targeted list of instructor resources for getting started with Blackboard Ultra web conference tool. Primarily for EPD online instructors.
This quick start page provides our online instructors with target links and resources on Blackboard Ultra, our primary web conferring tool.
Important Reminders for using Blackboard Ultra
- Always use a USB headset, earbuds, or landline telephone (if dialing in) for the best audio quality during a session.
- Make sure you are connecting from a quiet location with a fast and stable internet connection. You can test your connection speed here.
- Make sure to review our Web Conferencing Best Practices KB Page.
- Question: Which Web Browser should you use?
- Answer: You should use an updated version of Chrome or Firefox to be fully supported.
- Getting Help & Support for Blackboard Ultra.
Blackboard Ultra Basics for Moderators
- How to Access Blackboard Ultra Web Conference Rooms in my online course site.
- Getting Started with Ultra [video, 2:15] -- Provides a brief overview of the web conferencing user interface.
- Sharing Content (slides, documents, and screen sharing) in Blackboard Ultra
- How to Use Computer/VoIP Audio and/or Video in Blackboard Ultra
- How to Use the Chat Tool in Blackboard Ultra
- How to Record your Web Conference Session
- How to Use Telephone for Audio during a Web Conference -- This is useful to know as a backup to VoIP/Computer Audio.
- There is also the "Anonymous dial-in" feature in extreme backup situations. (not common)
- How to Find Web Conference Recordings in my online course site.
Blackboard Ultra Resources for Moderators
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: How to Get a Guest Link for a BBUltra Room (Instructor Resource)
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: View Attendance Report for a Web Conference (Instructor Resource)
- Blackboard Ultra Tools and Features Index -- Provides a reference to know and use all the Ultra tools and features.
- Understand Blackboard Ultra Session Settings. -- Although typically our LDT team will do all the session setup and configuration for your online course.
- General Help and Troubleshooting and Support KB page.
More Advanced Ultra Features & Resources
- EPD - Instructor Resources - Use an iPad as a Whiteboard during a Web Conference (Mac) (More advanced presentation techniques)
- How to Use and Manage Ultra Breakout Groups feature