EPD - Blackboard Ultra Quick Start for EPD Online Instructors
This quick start page provides our online instructors with target links and resources on Blackboard Ultra, our primary web conferring tool.
A targeted list of instructor resources for getting started with Blackboard Ultra web conference tool. Primarily for EPD online instructors.
Important Reminders for using Blackboard Ultra
The following are obvious reminders, but warrant repeating to ensure that you have a successful web conference. Please follow the suggested guidelines and best practices to provide your students with the most optimum learning experience.
- Always use a USB headset, earbuds, or landline telephone (if dialing in) for the best audio quality during a session.
- Make sure you are connecting from a quiet location with a fast and stable internet connection. You can test your connection speed here.
- Make sure to review our Web Conferencing Best Practices KB Page.
- Question: Which Web Browser should you use?
- Answer: You should use an updated version of Chrome or Firefox to be fully supported.
- Getting Help & Support for Blackboard Ultra.
Blackboard Ultra Basics for Moderators
- How to Access Blackboard Ultra Web Conference Rooms in my online course site.
- Getting Started with Ultra [video, 2:15] -- Provides a brief overview of the web conferencing user interface.
- There is also the "Anonymous dial-in" feature in extreme backup situations. (not common)
Blackboard Ultra Resources for Moderators
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: How to Get a Guest Link for a BBUltra Room (Instructor Resource)
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: View Attendance Report for a Web Conference (Instructor Resource)
- Blackboard Ultra Tools and Features Index -- Provides a reference to know and use all the Ultra tools and features.
- Understand Blackboard Ultra Session Settings. -- Although typically our LDT team will do all the session setup and configuration for your online course.
- General Help and Troubleshooting and Support KB page.
More Advanced Ultra Features & Resources
- EPD - Instructor Resources - Use an iPad as a Whiteboard during a Web Conference (Mac) (More advanced presentation techniques)
- How to Use and Manage Ultra Breakout Groups feature