AEFIS - Running the Course Section Trend Analysis Report (Admin)
The Course Section Trend Analysis report is the most frequently run AEFIS report. It tabulates AEFIS evaluation results across course section or instructor and compares them to departmental or college-level statistics.
Running the Course Section Trend Analysis
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the menu icon in the left corner to open the main navigation menu.
- Select Report Dashboard.
- Select Course Section Trend Analysis.
- Click Reset Parameters to ensure that any old report parameters are cleared out
- Select the appropriate report parameters:
- Aggregate Level: Instructor or Course Section are the most commonly used options. Reports aggregated by Course Section will still include instructor names.
- Statistics: Most users will select Average. Mode and Standard Deviation options are also available
- Compare With: Most users will select Department to compare instructor or course statistics to departmental statistics.
- Term: Select the term(s) of interest.
- College: Select your school or college.
- Department: Select your department(s), or to run a college-level report, leave this blank.
- Course Section: Leave this blank to run a college- or department-wide summary.
- Instructor: Leave this blank to run a college- or department-wide summary.
- Survey: Select the survey(s) of interest. Note that the report will not run if you are trying to compare surveys created from different Survey Templates. For best results, select only one survey.
- Show Comments: This option does not work. Leave the box unchecked.
Known Issues with Course Section Trend Analysis
- This report does not includes comments provided in free text fields,despite the check box option to Include Comments. To generate a report with comments, run the Student Course Evaluation Comment Analysis Report.
- The Export to Excel option will render results as text instead of numbers. Use the Export to CSV function instead.
- You cannot run more than one report at a time in a single browser.