EPD - Canvas - How to embed course files and videos from Box
EPD delivers course files and videos to Canvas using the Box embed feature.
Benefits of embedding content from Box into Canvas
- Course files and videos are delivered from a single, centralized access point
- Version control is maintained because there is a single source of content
- Updates made to the content in Box are automatically updated in Canvas
- Using the embed code allows students to view the content directly in Canvas
How to embed course files and videos into Canvas, from Box
1. In Box, go to the course file or video.2. Locate the embed widget for the file or video.
Go to ••• > More Actions > Embed Widget
3. Adjust the size setting of the embed code for the file or video.For Files, set size to Custom. Set Width: 1200 and Height: 900For Videos, set size to Large. Use the default Width: 800 and Height: 550
4. Copy the embed code for the file or video.
5. In Canvas, create a new page in the appropriate content Module.See How do I create a new page in a course? for more detail.
6. Within the new page, switch to HTML Editor mode.
7. Paste the embed code into the editor.8. Save and publish the page.