Focus Pay Card in HRS
OverviewTo provide detail to campus coordinators on what the pay card will look like in HRS and how they should update the direct deposit entries, if applicable.
- Administrators that are processing direct deposit forms have access to the Request Direct Deposit page in HRS. They will be able to view who is enrolled into the US Bank pay card program.
- Administrators can also view the routing detail on the Review Paycheck/Deductions tab for pay card information.
- Twice a month UW Shared Services will enroll new employees into the pay card program.
- Employee's enrolled into the pay card direct deposit includes those individuals that are in active positions who do not have an active direct deposit entry in HRS and who receive payment for wages.
- To understand what a Focus Pay Card is and the details of enrollment, please see the UW Pay Card FAQ.
How do I know if an employee has a pay card?
You can verify the US Bank routing number is set up for the employee for direct deposit. There are two ways you can search for this: by direct deposit entry or by a specific payroll.
1. View current/active direct deposit information:
Path: Payroll for North America/Employee Pay Data USA/Request Direct Deposit.
- Enter Employee Id and Search.
- The below employee has an ACTIVE row with the Bank ID 071004200 for US Bank – Pay card. This identifies that this employee will receive a direct deposit into their pay card when and if they get paid after 7/1/2018. You can see the pre-notification status is Completed and the deposit type is set to Balance which identifies all net pay will be deposited to this pay card.
2. Review an individual paycheck to verify direct deposit information.
Path: Payroll for North America/Payroll Processing USA/Produce Payroll/Review Paycheck/Paycheck Deductions tab
- The below employee has an off cycle check with a net pay of $145.99 and this whole amount was deposited to a pay card. This can be seen by checking the US Bank Routing number of #071004200.
What if an employee wants to remove this account from HRS as a direct deposit option?
- As long as the employee completes and submits a new direct deposit form for their personal bank account and that information is entered prior to a payroll calc/confirm. Please see KB#16877 for more details on direct deposit entry.
What if an employee wants to keep this account as an option but also change the deposit type to a set dollar amount?
- As long as the employee completes and submits a direct deposit form for another account to activate direct deposit into another account and keep the pay card information active. The payroll coordinator can change that deposit information prior to a payroll calc/confirm. Please see KB#16877 for more details on direct deposit entry.
- KB# 16877: Setting Up Direct Deposits in HRS