MFA-Duo - Who is Eligible to use UW-Madison Multi-factor Authentication?
This document is intended to answer the question of who is eligible to use MFA-Duo under our Campus funded licensing. Why does this matter? The Campus funded license covers a specific number of individual users. If we expand beyond our defined population, we will exceed our number of licenses.
Eligible to use Campus funded MFA-Duo license:
- Current UWÃ¢â¬âMadison employees
- Those with a current job (between start date and end date) in HRS
- Student employees
- LTEs, Postdoctoral Scholars and Trainees, Honorary Associates/Fellows and Non-Paid positions entered as jobs in HRS ($0 appointments)
- Current UWÃ¢â¬âMadison students
- Those currently enrolled in for-credit courses
- Current UWÃ¢â¬âMadison senior guest auditors
Any group not listed above is not eligible. Examples of ineligible populations include, but are not limited to:
- Those without a current job (between start date and end date) in HRS
- Former employees, retirees, emeritus
- Future employees
- Students not enrolled in for-credit courses
- Former students
- Future students
- Students enrolled in non-timetable (not for credit) courses
See accessibility & usability information
We work with our users to address access and usability barriers in the MFA user experience. Learn details about known access barriers and workarounds at MFA-Duo - Accessibility & Usability Information. If you encounter a barrier or need assistance, please contact the DoIT Help Desk or call (608) 264-4357.
How to get access to a Security Key or Duo Token/Fob
Students can come to the DoIT Help Desk location at 1210 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53706 on the first floor of the Computer Science and Statistics Building or at the front desk of Ebling Library, located on the 2nd floor of the Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) located at 750 Highland Avenue. Students with disabilities can also request a token or security key at the McBurney Disability Resource Center, 702 W. Johnson St., Suite #2104, Madison WI 53751 on the 2nd floor.
Faculty, Staff, and Researchers
Employees can get access to devices for MFA at their Human Resources Office or IT department. For questions contact the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.