Course Search & Enroll - "You do not have a valid appointment" Error
This document explains the meaning of the "You do not have a valid appointment" error message and how to resolve it.
What it means:To enroll in classes, you are assigned a specific enrollment appointment time, which is the earliest that you can begin enrolling in classes for a term.
This message usually means you're trying to enroll in classes too early, either before the appointments have been assigned, or before your personal appointment time has arrived.
What to do:Find your own enrollment appointment time, when and how these are assigned (and emailed) to students.
You will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar with your enrollment appointment time.
After times are assigned, you can find yours on the "Course Search & Enroll" tile in MyUW:
The assigned appointment time will also appear in your Course Search & Enroll cart:
Your enrollment time has arrived but you're still seeing an error message?
You might still be seeing an error message from the last time you attempted to add the course to your cart or enroll. The message does not refresh/revalidate and will stay on the page until the next time you try to enroll.
This means that if, according to your enrollment appointment, you should now be able to enroll, you can disregard the error message and click Enroll.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you believe enrollment appointment times have been assigned to students and you do not have one.
- Course Search & Enroll - Common Issues and Error Messages
- Course Search & Enroll - Save a Course for Later Enrollment
- Course Search & Enroll - Scheduler Tips
- Course Search & Enroll - Permission and Approval for Course Enrollment
- Course Search & Enroll - "You are not able to enroll in courses" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "You do not have a valid appointment" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Deadline to drop class has passed" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Exceeded your credit maximum" or "Minimum credits not met" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Class is closed and wait list is full" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "The hold must be removed before you can enroll" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Instructor consent or department permission is required" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Enrollment requisites not met" Error