Webex Audio Troubleshooting
If you are having audio issues in a meeting, we have some tips to help you resolve your issue.
- Before joining a meeting, make sure to plug in any external devices that you plan to use for your audio (headset, headset with mic, or external speaker).
- Webex uses your operating systems default sound- speaker and mic, but this can be changed to a specific device before joining the meeting
- You can change the audio source from within Webex once you are in the meeting or before you join. If you can't hear through the headset and/or the mic does not appear to work, follow the directions below to resolve this issue.
Before Joining your Webex Meeting/Event
1. Verify that "Use computer audio" is selected
2. Select your preferred speaker and microphone from the list by selecting the dropdown next to mute/unmute
- Remember, by default Webex will use your system settings, but you can choose another device if you'd prefer
3. Test your speaker and microphone before starting or joining your meeting to ensure everything is working
- It is recommended to also enable the Noise Removal under Webex Smart Audio if you are in a noisy environment
Join the Meeting
- You are now ready to click that green Start Meeting or Join Meeting button
- Once you are in your meeting, you will notice a headset icon showing you are connected to audio. Try saying something to the rest of the participants
- You can tell your microphone is working when you see the green microphone icon appear next to your name in the participant list
- This is slightly delayed (~1 sec) when you initially speak, so don't be worried if it doesn't appear right away.
- Remember to unmute yourself!
During the Meeting
- If for any reason you forgot to change a setting before joining your meeting, don't worry! You can always choose the drop down arrow next to the mute/unmute button to change your settings