Webex Meeting: Delegate-Allow Someone to Schedule a Webex Meeting on Your Behalf in Outlook
As users around the globe are moving to remote workplaces, local network and telephony infrastructures are seeing increased traffic load. While Webex is continually increasing capacity, they are also working with their telephony vendors to ensure they have adequate capacity to support this increased volume traffic. However, in some situations, local service providers are experiencing issues with the high demand experienced due to increased remote users. Where possible, users may be encouraged to use "Use Computer for Audio" (VoIP) to help alleviate this issue.
The Webex Global Service Status provides updates to service issues. Please note all UW-Madison users must contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance. Users contacting Cisco directly will be redirected to the DoIT Help Desk.
If you host Webex meetings regularly, you can delegate someone else to schedule, edit, cancel and start meetings for you.
Allow delegate permission
If you host Webex Meetings regularly, you can delegate someone else to schedule and edit meetings for you.
Assign a Delegate on the Webex Site
delegate must have a host account and have the Cisco Webex
Meetings application installed on their computer.
To give someone permission to manage your meetings, you have to give them scheduling permissions on your Webex site and share your calendar with them in Outlook.
1. Sign in to your Webex site. https://uwmadison.webex.com/
2. If you're in Modern View, go to Preferences > Scheduling. If you're in Classic View, go to My Webex > Preferences > Scheduling Options.
3. In the Scheduling permission text box, enter the email addresses of the hosts you want to give scheduling permission. If more than one person separate emails with a comma.
4. Select Save at the bottom of the Preferences page.
Share you Outlook calendar
1. In Outlook go to File, Info, Account Settings, Delegate Access.
2. Click Add, search for individual, then select from the list, click Add again and click OK.
3. Select My delegates only, but send a copy of meeting requests and responses to me.
box (see below) will come up
Allow for just Calendar, Editor (can read, create, and modify items).
Be sure to specify which permissions you really want. When scheduling a Webex Meeting on behalf of someone else you are essentially putting a meeting invitation onto their calendar.