Webex Teams: Disabling Auto-Start Functionality
By default, the Webex Teams installer sets up the application to start on login. This documentation will highlight how to disable this functionality on both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Please note: This functionality is only available on per-user installations of Webex Teams (acquired directly from the Cisco website). Per-machine installations either pushed via system administrators or acquired from the campus software library will have this option greyed out.
Windows OS and Mac OS (Logged In):
If you are logged into Webex Teams on either Mac OS or Windows OS, please follow the Cisco documentation for disabling automatic startup.
Windows OS (Not Logged In):
To disable Webex / Webex Teams from starting up on Windows OS without logging into the application, follow the below steps. Please note that administrative rights are required to perform these steps. If you do not have administrative rights, contact your local IT for help with making these changes.
- Search for and open "Task Manager" with administrative rights. (Right click and select "Run as administrator")
- Expand the Task Manager window by selecting "More details"
- Navigate to the "Startup" tab.
- Locate "Webex Teams" or "Webex" and select it.
- Select "Disable on the bottom right hand corner of the Task Manager window.
Mac OS (Not Logged In):
To disable Webex / Webex Teams from starting up on Mac OS without logging into the application, follow the below steps. Please note that administrative rights may be required to perform these steps. If you do not have administrative rights, contact your local IT for help with making these changes.
- On your Mac, locate the Apple icon in the top left and select it followed by "System Preferences..."
- Once in the System Preferences view, locate and select "Users & Groups"
- Once in the Users & Groups menu, ensure that the proper user is select and switch to the "Login Items" view
- On the Login Items page, either select and remove the "Webex" or "Webex Teams" application using the minus symbol or hide the application by selecting the checkbox
- Please note that to perform any of these actions, you may be required to unlock the window / settings via the lock icon in the bottom left of the system preferences window. You will required administrative access over your system to perform this.