WiscWeb - Updating Permalink (Slug) Value
In this document:
When a new page or post is created and saved or published, you may notice that the URL permalink will have a -2 appended to it. This usually occurs when you have created a page or post with the same filename and saved it as a draft or published it. This can be fixed by either deleting a duplicate, or updating the permalinks so that you have only one of each page or post. You may also find yourself in a situation where you want to update a URL with a new permalink.
- Click on the Edit button next to the Permalink.
- In the field that appears, you would change or update the editable text.
- Once you've done that, click the OK button to the right to update this change.
Be sure to Update your changes so that they are committed to your site.
Once you have updated your permalink value, you should also consider what menu or navigation areas that use or reference this page. Test those to make sure that the links are pointing to the right page, and update as necessary.
- If you change the permalink value and still see that a -2 appears, or the numbers get higher, you may have additional pages or content items that you need to find with similar URLs.
- If you find that you have page names with identical permalinks, consider changing the page titles when you are updating the permalinks or review the content and determine whether you need to keep it or can delete it.