UW Cooperative Extension - Office 365 Migration
This document outlines the basic transition process of UW Cooperative Extension to the UW-Madison Office 365 email domain.
Step 1: NetID Activation Process
Cooperative Extension employees should receive an email directing them to activate their NetID with the following instructions:
- Navigate to the NetID Activation page: https://mynetid.wisc.edu/activate.
- Enter the NetID Activation Key from the email you received and your date of birth.
- Note: This key will likely be a combination of numbers and letters and will not resemble a typical 10-digit UW-Madison Campus ID.
- Complete the rest of the step-by-step instructions on this page - NetID - Activating Your Account.
Step 2: Activate your firstname.lastname@example.org Address.
- Navigate to Wisc Account Administration.
- Login with your NetID and password.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions from Office 365 - Activate or change your email@example.com address to complete activation.
- Set your firstname.lastname email as your Primary address by following the instructions from Office 365 - Change your Primary Address.
Step 3: Log into Outlook on the Web
- Open up a new Incognito Window in Google Chrome.
- Navigate to the Office 365 Sign-In page.
- Enter in your newly-activated @wisc.edu email address, which should redirect you to the NetID Login page.
- Here, log in with your NetID and password.
- Click on the Outlook App icon to access your inbox.
- Once you have activated your NetID and Office365 account, there is the potential that you will begin receiving email to your @wisc.edu account. Please log into outlook on the web to monitor your @wisc.edu account until we complete the Office 365 migration in March.
The steps you have completed activate your UW-Madison NetID and Office 365. Expect the migrating and transitioning of applications and services in the coming months, so your access through your NetID will grow over time. Communications will be sent out to all employees as those transitions occur.
Right now, you will continue to use your CES credentials:
- for email;
- to access My UW (leave reporting, HR & Payroll etc.);
- to do web site updates (FYI);
- for Recording Results and the Staff Directory (using CES Google Credentials) .