Webex Meetings: Who can control participants audio?
This document explains who can control participants audio (mute and unmute)
Who Can Control Participants Microphones
- Only the Host of a Webex Meeting can control participants microphones (must have host label next to their name).
In the example below, KK is currently the host AND the presenter. KK is allowed to mute or unmute Bucky's microphone because she has the Host role
To Change Host Role During a Webex Meeting
1. Select Bucky's name first from the partcipant list
2. Select Participant in the Menu, Change Role To, Host. In this case, Bucky will become the new host.
1. Right click Bucky's name from the participant list
2. Choose Change Role To and select Host
3. Bucky is now the Host as indicated next to Bucky's name. And KK is still the Presenter.
Note: When you are scheduling a meeting and selecting someone an alternate host this does not automatically make them the Host. This depends on who enters the meeting first. So check in the participant panel who is currently labeled as the host.