Registrar -- Unofficial/Offical Transcript Ordering

Web -- MyUW equivalent for alumni (go here to order official transcripts or to retrieve ID number and PW) -- Online ordering unofficial/official transcripts

Email -- Office of the Registrar 

(608) 262-3811- Registrar (option #2, then option #3) 
(847) 716-3005 - Credentials Solution Costumer Service (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Fridays)

Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m (excluding holidays)

333 East Campus Mall #10101 (10th floor)
Madison, WI 53715-1384

Official Transcripts

Current Students: Official Transcripts can be requested in the Academics section of your Student Center.  

Former Students:

  • Students enrolled in a term in Fall 2010 or later are still able to log in with their NetID and password.
  • Students enrolled in a term from Fall 1979 to Summer 2010 can log in with their 10-digit UW campus ID and PIN, or by verifying four digits of their Social Security Number and a course they took while at UW–Madison. Once logged in, find the “My Academics” and choose "Order Official Transcripts."  The portal will-redirect to the Office of the Registrar's website to finish the transcript request.
  • Students enrolled in term from earlier than Summer 1979 will receive an authorization form to sign through the online portal and send back by postal mail or fax, which will allow the Office of the Registrar to release their transcript.

For those who do not wish to order transcripts online, a mail-in option is available or you can go to the Office of the Registrar in person.

**Official transcripts are printed on security paper with the official University of Wisconsin-Madison seal as well as the signature of the Registrar. The security paper will render the official transcripts void if they are photocopied, scanned, or faxed and have watermark safety mechanisms.**

Official transcripts cost $10, with an added charge for express delivery.

Unofficial Transcripts

"Unofficial transcripts" are also known as student records. Along with course information, student records include student memorandum (e.g., disciplinary information, grade changes) and are not printed on official transcript paper. 

An unofficial transcript can be obtained in the following ways:

  • Request them online by clicking the "Request Student Record" link in the Student Center (via MyUW or My Info).
  • Request them from the department office.
  • Request them from the Registrar's office.

Unofficial transcripts are free of charge.

Keywords:alumni transcript prospective student application status enrollment reg transcripts unofficial official registrar   Doc ID:9023
Owner:Information Services Specialist .Group:Campus and Visitor Relations
Created:2009-02-08 19:00 CDTUpdated:2020-01-28 12:20 CDT
Sites:Campus and Visitor Relations
Feedback:  11   10