MFA-Duo - Transition - Cybersecurity and HRS VPN Credentialing Process for New Users
During the transition to using MFA-Duo there will be a period where the Symantec tokens used previously will continue to be required by Cybersecurity and HRS VPN users but no new tokens can be requested via the UW Digital ID application. This document describes the process by which a new user of the Cybersecurity and/or HRS VPN(s) can obtain a token and be credentialed.
1. If you have not already done so, obtain access by following the regular authorization process detailed here.
3. Before visiting the LRA (Step 5 of above) either download the Symantec VIP app for your smart phone or determine you would like to request a hardware token.
4. Visit the LRA (Step 5 of the identity proofing process) and indicate you're an HRS or Cybersecurity VPN user. If needed, request a hardware token.
5. The LRA will log your smart phone application or token's serial number and relay it as well as your name to the UW Digital ID team for manual processing.
6. The UW Digital ID team will contact you once you are processed.