Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Known Issue - Application Sharing appears as a green screen on some Chromebook devices
Some users have reported that when Application Sharing is used, only a green screen is displayed on their Chromebook device rather than the shared content. This article provides instructions to resolve the issue.
When attending a Collaborate Ultra session from a Chromebook device and the Application Sharing feature is used, the Chromebook user will see only a solid green content area in their session. This issue only occurs on Chromebooks running Chrome version 73.
Resolution/Workaround: Update Chrome to version 74 to resolve this issue.
If a user is unable to update to Chrome version 74 for any reason, they may resolve the issue by disabling hardware acceleration in their Chrome settings as follows:
- Enter the following in the Chrome address bar and press Enter:
- Once the page loads, click in the "Search flags" field and type the following:
- Hardware-accelerated video decode
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of the "Hardware-accelerated video decode" option and set it to "Disabled".
- A "Relaunch Now" button will appear near the bottom of the screen; click this button to relaunch the browser.
- "Hardware-accelerated video decode" is now disabled in the Chrome browser and the green screen issue should be resolved. If an update to Chrome version 74 becomes available at a later time, users can revert this change after updating if desired.