Box - Promote New Owner
How to give ownership of a folder to a new person.
Transfer ownership of a Box folder to a different account
To transfer ownership of files or folders you own to another Box account:
- Find the folder for which you want to transfer ownership, and click in that folder's row to select it.
- In the list on the right, look for the name of the user or account to which you want to transfer ownership, to see if that account is already a collaborator on the folder. If the account is already a collaborator, skip to step 5.
- In the column on the right, from the drop-down menu, select .
- Enter the email address of the account to which you want to transfer ownership, and then click .
- Once the account has accepted your invitation, click the three dots next to the account you wish to promote to owner, and change that account's current permissions to .
Be sure to select not .
- In the pop-up that appears, click to confirm that you will no longer own the content, and your permission level will be changed to Editor.