EPD - Software - How to Purchase, Download, and Install Parallels for Mac
This document explains how to download and install Parallels on a Mac.
1. Go to purchase Parallels subscription on the DoIT Tech Store website.
2. Press the Sign In button in the top right corner of the page.
3. Select Shop for Personal Use when prompted.
4. Select Sign in with your NetID in the left column of the prompt.
5. Log in with your UW NetID and password.
6. Press Add to Cart to add Parallels to your shopping cart.
7. When you add this item to your cart, it will automatically show you your cart contents on the right side of the screen. Make sure that your cart only has 1 item in it. If it shows the wrong amount, use the arrows to add or delete items.
8. Press Go to Checkout and fill out payment information to purchase.
Note: Once purchased, make sure to keep the license key. Once you have the key copied in a safe location continue to step 9.
Now that you have the license key, you will begin to install Parallels on your computer.
9. Follow the link to the Parallels website, and under the Main Application tab select Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac to download Parallels.
10. Run the downloaded file to start the installation.
11. Press Install on the main installer page.
NOTE: You may need to log into your computer as an administrator to download Parallels.
12. In Parallels Desktop, navigate to File > New...
13. In the Installation Assistant window, select Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file in the center of the screen and press Continue.
14. In the bottom center of the Installation Assistant page, select Find Automatically.
15. Make sure you have your Windows 10 Education file selected and press Continue.
16. Enter your Windows License Key and press Continue.
17. Select Design as your primary use and press Continue.
18. Choose the name and location you want for the file.
NOTE: Selecting Create alias on Mac desktop is recommended for ease of use.
Once the program is finished installing, open "Parallels" and wait for Windows to start up and it will be ready to use.
NOTE: Windows may take 15-20 minutes to start up.