Second Harvest - Pilot Phase
UW-Madison is teaming up with Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin to help those who need it. Helpful Harvest is a three-month pilot program that allows people to choose from available food options online. Itâs not just canned non-perishable foods â fruit, vegetables and frozen meat are among the choices.
- People can shop online in advance and then pick up food anonymously from Union South on June 20th, 12:30 to 2pm
- Alternate pick up location: 9th Floor of 333 East Campus Mall
- Deadline to sign up is June 19th at noon or when supplies run out
- Limit of 50 people per location
- July and August dates TBD
- More Information can be found here: http://helpfulharvestwisconsin.org/locations/
The UW news article about Second Harvest can be found here: https://news.wisc.edu/uw-madison-teaming-up-with-second-harvest-to-fight-hunger/. For more food assistance resources visit: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/food/foodassist/.