FASTAR - General Information
The University of Wisconsin Facility for Shared Technology and Resources (FASTAR) was initiated and funded by UW System Administration to provide UW institutions a shared resource of hardware and staff. Our initial goal, and still a primary focus, is to assist campuses that are in implementation or in operation of the PeopleSoft Student Administration System. Since its inception the set of services provided by FASTAR has grown to include services that are of value not only to PeopleSoft systems, but to many other systems as well. The facility is housed at the Division of Information Technology at UW-Madison.
This document gives a general information of FASTAR and the services it provides.
Please see http://fastar.wisconsin.edu/ for more information about FASTAR.
Services ProvidedAs of January 2012, FASTAR provides these services:
- Shared platform for PeopleSoft Student Administration systems
- Informatica Server and Repository
- Runner Technology Data Cleansing
- Best Practices PeopleSoft demo student database
- Oracle Interactive Reporting Workspace
- PeopleSoft Student RDS data mart