Webex Room Kit: Using with your laptop
Getting started with Cisco Webex Room Kit with laptop.
Cisco Webex Room Kit integrates with flat panel displays to bring more intelligence and usability to your small to medium size meeting rooms (6-8 people). These "room kits" can display wirelessly what is on your laptop (or other device) in rooms equipped with Cisco Webex Room Kits. When joining/starting a Webex Meeting or Webex Teams the Room Kits also allow you to display the meeting room and it's participants on the video.
These directions will be for connecting to a room kit with your laptop.
1. Launch Webex Meetings application or Webex Teams. These directions are for connecting with Webex Meetings.
2. The Cisco Webex Room Kit, will automatically be detected by Webex Meetings or Webex Teams if your built in microphone on your laptop is enabled. Under Connect to a device the Room Kit will appear here. Note: If Webex Meetings/Teams does not automatically detect the room kit then you will manually connect by searching for it, followed by entering the 4 digit code (see steps 3-4).
3. If needed- Manually search for Room Kit-Select or type in room number then select from the dropdown the correct room kit.
4. Once the device is selected it will ask to connect to the video camera-confirm with a code before video can be displayed.
On the TV display a number will be given. Type this number in on your device -laptop.
5. You are now connected to the Cisco Room Kit and ready to collaborate.
6. If you wish to share your laptop screen or application click on SHARE and select what you wish to share.
7. To end sharing the screen or application look for orange stop.