Hall of Fame Terrace / Ray Kubly Plaza / UW Athletics
(608) 262-1866 -- UW Athletic Department Welcome Center
1440 Monroe St.
Madison, WI 53711
The Hall of Fame was established in 1991 by the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, in cooperation with the National "W" Club, Wisconsin's letter winner organization.
Hall of Fame inductees are recognized and honored for their exemplary athletic achievement and contributions made to the University of Wisconsin. There are currently over 180.
The first induction ceremony for the 35 charter members of the Hall of Fame was held in the Spring of 1991. Classes of men and women honorees have been inducted each year since. The website lists inductees by year, and includes brief biographies.Members' plaques are mounted on the south face of Camp Randall Memorial Shell, in an area known as the Hall of Fame Terrace. The Ray Kubly Plaza is named for a 1926 UW-Madison graduate who founded The Swiss Colony company. He was also president of the National W Club and served on the university Athletic Board. The Kubly Plaza is where the UW Athletic Hall of Fame is displayed.
Visit the website above to search members in the Hall of Fame alphabetically, by year or by sport.