AEFIS - Student dashboard (Student)
AEFIS is the official course evaluation tool for UW-Madison. When students enter AEFIS to complete course evaluations, they will see an AEFIS dashboard. This document explains how to get the most out of your AEFIS student dashboard.
Log into AEFIS
- Navigate to aefis.wisc.edu in a web browser.
- Connect using your NetID.
The Action Items sidebar
Upon login, the Action Items sidebar opens on the right side of the screen. This window presents a list of course evaluations currently awaiting your action. You can either click on the line-item, to activate the evaluation, or you can close the panel by clicking the arrow icon.
If available, click the View All Action Items button, to expand the list of available evaluations.
The Student Dashboard
Most students will have one widget called My Surveys. A few will also have a widget called My Outcomes Transcript and if you are a TA, you will have additional panels that pertain to that role.
- My Surveys: shows a list of all AEFIS course evaluation surveys that are awaiting your action. (This list is the same one that appeared on that initial pop-up Action Items panel on the right.) To complete the course evaluation survey, select the blue-circle icon on the right side of the panel. Also, note the "Ends" date, which denotes the last day you can complete the evaluation.
- My Outcomes Transcript: displays your Program Learning Outcomes (PLO). It will display your achievements for each outcome based on direct evidence of student learning, which course assignment you have completed have been linked to a PLO. This Outcomes Transcript will only display if your major is measuring and tracking PLOs.
My Outcomes Transcript
If your program has activated the transcript element, you will see something similar to the following images.
- The My Outcomes Transcript widget on the dashboard will show current progress.
- Click the VIEW button (lower-right) to see a more complete presentation of outcome information.
- The lower portion of this screen lists the individual Outcomes Transcript details.
- Click the expand down-arrow to see the specifics about this Outcomes Transcript.
- When you are ready to exit the Outcomes Transcript view, click the EXIT TRANSCRIPT button (upper-right).