African American Alumni Association / Wisconsin Alumni Association / WAA
(608) 262-2551 -- Wisconsin Alumni Association
(888) 947-2586 (WIS-ALUM) -- Toll Free
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m CSTAddress
Wisconsin Alumni Association
650 N Lake St
Madison, WI 53706-1476
The African American Alumni Association works to recruit, support and graduate African American students at UW-Madison. It strives to promote the welfare and to advance the objectives of programs impacting the success of African American students, encourages prospective, current and former students to take an active role in the policy development of educational initiatives to support African American students, and provides a forum for African American students to communicate sensitive issues to the university administration.
Other services of the AAAA include mentorship for younger students and recruitment activities with UW-Madison Admissions Office.
- Promote the welfare and advance the objectives of programs affecting the success of African-American students.
- Encourage prospective, current and former students to play an active role in the policy development of educational initiatives to support African-American students.
- Provide a forum for African-American students to communicate sensitive issues to the university administration.
- Provide mentoring services for African-American students at the middle school and high school levels.
- Participate in college recruitment activities in conjunction with the admissions office of UW-Madison.
- Meet with UW-Madison faculty and staff to develop plans to encourage African-American participation in all aspects of the operations of the university.
The African American Alumni Association (AAAA) works to recruit, support and retain African-American students at UW-Madison. As a part of the mission, they have worked throughout the years to provide emotional and financial support to current students. The group typically awards two scholarships per year.