HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Instance - Verifying that courses are assigned evaluations (Admin) [UW-Madison]
Are Courses Assigned?
Departmental and school HelioCampus AC administrators check the following in Surveys before the start of any course evaluation, and especially for end-of-semester evaluations.
If your department/college has set their HelioCampus AC survey schedule(s) to repeat every semester, then a new survey instance should be ready for assigning courses. If not, you will need to create a schedule for this semester. For additional information, see Create a New Survey Schedule.
Once your HelioCampus AC survey schedule is established, consider the following:
- Pending Status: Surveys will maintain a status of Pending until the activation date is passed. The status will then change to Active. This date is always at least three days before the survey start date.
- Assign course sections: Confirm you have assigned course sections for course evaluation surveys. In surveys, select +Add a filter and choose Owner then Department, which will show you all surveys you own and have access to assign courses. You may also want to select +Add a filter and choose Term and select the correct term. The # Sections column indicates how many sections have been assigned to the respective surveys. A zero would indicate no sections have been assigned. (The # Participants column will remain zero until the day the survey begins.) For additional information, see Assigning Course Sections to a Survey
- Deadline for assigning course sections: Remember, instructors receive an email three days before an evaluation starts. This means course sections must be assigned a minimum of 4 days before the course evaluation begins.
- Exclude instructors: If your survey form has instructor-type questions, you can exclude instructors that should not be evaluated. For more information, see Excluding Instructors from Questions. NOTE: You do not need to exclude any course section directors (SIS Supervisory Instructor role) because HelioCampus AC will not include them in the evaluation.
- Start Date: There are several thingsto check once the evaluations start. For more information, see What to Check when the Evaluations Start.