LastPass - How do I import passwords from KeePass?
This document details the steps to export from KeePass into LastPass on Windows
If you are using KeePass on a Windows machine and would like to migrate to LastPass, please follow these steps.
- Open KeePass and unlock your KeyPass database
- Click on File, then click on Export
- Choose the fifth option, KeePass XML (2.x)
- Click the disk icon.
- Choose a location and a file name for the export. We suggest passwordexport.xml and save it to your Documents Folder, but you can choose any name and any location. Click Save when you have the file name and folder location selected. WARNING: This is a human readable version of your password database, protect it with extra care.
- Verify that the file is being saved where you would like it to go, then click OK.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you saved the xml file. Right mouse click on the file and then choose open with and choose Notepad from the menu, then left click on Notepad.
- This will open the file in Notepad, click on edit, then click on select all. All of the text should now be highlighted.
- Click on edit again, then click on copy.
- Log into LastPass in your web browser, for example Chrome, FireFox, or Internet Explorer.
- Click on More Options, then Advanced, then Import.
- Click on the down arrow under source, and choose KeePass.
- Right mouse click where it says "Paste your content here." and choose paste from the menu.
- Click UPLOAD.
- The next screen will show you the names and usernames you will be importing into LastPass. Verify they look good and are what you want, then click on either IMPORT SELECTED or IMPORT ALL, depending if you are importing a subset of the passwords, or all of the passwords.
- When it is complete it will show a pop-up saying it is complete, click on GO TO MY VAULT.
- Verify that the passwords were imported properly.