Webex Meetings: Recording
How to turn on recording during a Webex Meeting and get access to the recordings after the meeting.
These steps apply to Webex Meetings and Webex Events.
Only the host or an alternate host can record a meeting. You cannot record if the recording option is not available.If an alternate host records the meeting, the meeting host still receives and owns the recording after the meeting ends.
Recordings in the cloud and downloaded to your computer are saved in MP4 format.
If you record on your computer in MP4 format, the panels, such as the Chat panel, and any files that you share using Share File are not included in the recording.
1. If you see the record button on the bottom icon tray then you are able to record. If you do not see a record button then recording is not available to you yet. This menu hides until you move your mouse near the bottom of the Webex Meeting in session.The first time you record or access the recordings you will be prompted to Accept to agree to UW Madison privacy and security guidelines.
2. Once recording is turned on it will ask you to start the recording. Press Record.
3. Once the Record is selected an audio states the the "meeting is now being recorded" and in the upper right corner it states Recording in progress with a red record icon. The recording in progress words stay on only a few seconds, but the red record icon remains until recording is stopped.
You may start and stop the recording during the meeting. Just go to the bottom icon tray and click on the record button if you closed the pause / stop recording options. If you stop recording then start up recording during the same meeting two or more separate recording files will be created. If you only want one recording then use the Pause button.
When the meeting is completed you can access your recordings at https://uwmadison.webex.com
1. Sign in to https://uwmadison.webex.com using your primary email for UW Madison, authenticate NetID and password for UW Madison. If you have MFA security prompt complete that step.
2. Select Recording from the left side navigation, your recordings will appear as a list from most recent at the top to older recordings.
3. To download the recording file to put on your computer click on the download icon.
4. To share a link with others to the recording click the Share icon, and add emails of who should receive the recording.
5. You can at any time decide to turn off public access the recording is not longer available from the link by clicking on stop .
6. The last icon allows you to edit or delete the recording.