Course Search & Enroll - Enrolling/Editing Honors
An overview and step-by-step guides to enrolling in honors courses, and editing Honors Optional in an enrolled course.
Overview:Read below for information on the different course honor options and enrollment instructions.
Honors Optional is a course option that can be edited after enrolling in the course.
Changes are made using Course Search & Enroll until that term's relevant deadline. After the deadline has passed, editing this option will require additional permission and will be done using Course Change Request.
Check the related dates and deadlines to determine whether to use Course Search & Enroll or Course Change Request.
Honors OptionsIt is important to read the class footnotes and departmental notes to determine if an additional component/section or credit value is required when taking honors.
Note: Graduate, university special/guest and professional students may not enroll for honors credit.
Enrollment in "Honors optional" courses/sections will prompt for a selection of honors.
Changes in/out of honors designation can be made by following the instructions below.
Note: Students must contact the instructor regarding expectations for earning honors in the course.
"Accelerated honors" courses/sections are unrestricted honors courses open to all students, although recommended for students planning or participating in an honors program. The enrollment system will automatically assign honors, which cannot be removed.
"Honors only" courses/sections are open to students in a formal honors program. The enrollment system will automatically assign honors, which cannot be removed.
Course numbers under 700 with the middle digit ‘8’ (e.g. English 282) are designated as honors courses. You must be designated in the computer as an official honors program student to enroll for the middle digit ‘8’ courses, otherwise you will need departmental permission.
Enrolling for Honors: Step-by-StepFollow instructions to search and add courses to your cart:
Course Search & Enroll - Searching for Classes
Course Search & Enroll - Add & Enroll in Classes
See below if further steps are necessary when enrolling for honors:
- Honors Only: The enrollment system will automatically assign honors when enrolling. No further action is needed before enrolling in the course.
- Accelerated Honors The enrollment system will automatically assign honors when enrolling. No further action is needed before enrolling in the course.
One of the following:
- Select to take the course with/without honors when adding the course to your cart.
- In your cart, edit the previously selected option by clicking the See Sections button.
When enrolling, review the enrollment options and edit, if necessary.
Editing Honors Option: Step-by-Step
In Course Search & Enroll, go to the “My Courses” tab.
In the Enrolled list, select the course you would like to edit.
Select the See Sections button.
If the course is Honors Optional, you will have the option to select one of two radio buttons.
The pre-selected radio button will display your current enrollment status. To change it, select the other radio button.
Select the Save button to confirm and save the change.
The editing option will not appear:
- If the course is not Honors Optional. Check course and section information again.
- If the deadline has passed. You may then submit your changes using the Course Change Request form. For more information see, Student Center - Course Change Request.