Adding a Preferred Name Using Employee Self Service in HRS
OverviewThis user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to provide a preferred first name via Personal Information section of My UW System Portal. The name you supply will not display in HRS. It may be exported to appear in employee directories or organizational charts for your business unit. Note: Tax records and official correspondence related to your employment will not display a preferred first name you provide.
- Persons of Interest (POI) will not have access to Self Service
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Log into the My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in UWSS Support - Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
- Click on the Personal Information tile.
- Click the Update My Personal Information link.
- Click Name in the left menu bar.
- Click on the name bar that appears in the heart of the screen.
- In the Name dialog box that appears, enter a preferred name in the "Preferred First Name" field.
Note: You can also make changes to the date in the "Change As Of" field and to the title in the "Name Prefix" field.
- Click Save in the upper right of the Name dialog box.
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Phone Numbers and Email Addresses
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Emergency Contacts
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Marital Status
- BN - Self Service Updating Other Health Insurance Information
- HR - Employee Self Service - Change Ethnic Groups
- HR - Employee Self Service - Update Disability Status
- HR - Employee Self Service - Update Veteran Status
- UWSS Support - My UW System Portal - Customizing Modules, Content, and Layout