A description of online tools and links to resources for Canvas, BBCollaborate, and Kaltura Capture
This document has four sections:
- Canvas / Collaborate -- recommended for centralizing course related materials; materials easily accessible by students; students automatically added
- Pre-recorded lectures -- perhaps the easiest method of alternative delivery of instruction.
- MS Teams -- perfect for small group, or 1-1 meetings.
- Other Resources of possible interest.
Getting Started with Canvas (Canvas Website)
Getting Started with Prerecorded Lectures(Campus Lecture Repository)
Getting Started with Microsoft Teams(Teams Website)
When prompted to log in, use your normal @wisc.edu email address, you'll then be prompted for your NetID and password, followed by your MFA DUO confirmation.
- Download Microsoft Team Application (desktop application) accept default installation options
- Access directly via Chrome (browser based)
- Smart phones and tablets can download from their App Store (application) accept default installation options
- Easy Virtual Calls
- Chat -- spontaneous person to person, or small group
- Schedule a meeting via calendar (has link to share in email)
- Joining a meeting from a link -- It's another school's instructions, references to their email system should be treated as references to the campus email system. It's at https://kb.cvtc.edu/98728
- Shared power point from both presenter and presentee points of view
- The MS Teams site has an excellent collection of under 2 min videos related to creating and join MS Teams calls. NOTE: The campus license PROHIBITS USING A PHONE TO DIAL IN, otherwise the videos are accurate and extremely helpful.
- Quick Chat Calls (MS version) NOTE: The campus license PROHIBITS THE PHONE OPTIONS
- File sharing more than intro
- In depth intro to Teams