AEFIS - Eval - Changing department ownership for survey schedule and survey instance (Admin)
This document is intended for college and departmental AEFIS administrators. It explains how to change the ownership of either a schedule or an instance.
All AEFIS survey templates, schedules and instances have a specified "owner". This owner is usually a department, which allows AEFIS administrators to conveniently filter according to owner, thus thinning out any schedules or instances that belong to other departments.
Sometimes, this specified ownership is incorrect, and needs to be changed. Scenario: For AEFIS administrators who oversee multiple departments, every new survey schedule defaults to identifying the first department, based on alphabetical order, to be the owner. In the example images below, the survey schedule had been created with an owner of "Biology". The AEFIS administrator would like to change the owner to "Genetics".
To change the owner of a survey instance, you must change the owner of the underlying survey schedule. (Explained below.) This will update all future related survey instances to reflect this change.
Change the Owner of an AEFIS Survey Schedule
To change the owner of a survey schedule:
- Log into AEFIS.
- Click the AEFIS Main Menu (or "hamburger") icon.
- Click Survey Schedules.
- Locate the survey schedule that needs to be given a new owner. (In this example, notice that the first survey schedule is currently owned by the "Biology" department. We will change it to the "Genetics" department.)
- Following that survey schedule line-item to the far right, click the arrow beside the Manage button.
- From the drop-down list, select Edit Owner.
- In the resulting dialog box, using the drop-down field, identify the new owner department.
- Click Save.
We now see that the survey schedule has been reassigned to the "Genetics" department.