Examity - Setting up a Profile (Student)
This document outlines the steps needed to create a profile prior to taking an exam with Examity.
Before you are able to take an exam with Examity, you must create a profile by following the steps outlined below. It is recommended that you complete your profile set-up at least one day before you take the exam.
- Click on the Examity Service link on your course's Canvas page. The link should be located in a module in your course, and it will only appear in courses where your instructor has communicated to you that they will be using Examity.
- Click Load Examity Service in a new window. When you do this, the Examity user interface will open in a new tab.
- If this is your first time accessing Examity, you will be prompted to create a profile. You will only need to set up your profile once, and it should take about 5 minutes to complete. It is recommended you complete your profile set up at least one day before you take your first Examity proctored exam. To create a profile with Examity, fill out the required information.
- On the second page of the profile set up, you will need to upload an image of a photo ID. Your driver's license, passport, other government issued identification, or WiscCard are all acceptable forms of photo ID. You will need to show the same ID prior to each exam.
- You will also need to create challenge questions when you create your profile. Each time you take an exam, you will need to answer one of your challenge questions, so be sure to choose answers you will remember.
- Finally, you will need to create a digital signature to complete your profile. Each time you take an exam, you will need to enter in your digital signature exactly as you did when setting up your profile.