Topics Map > Technical Support > Remote Access > File Server
Connecting to AAE files - Windows
Instructions for mapping drives to the AAE File Server
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to Setup/Connect Campus VPN BEFORE doing the steps below.
If you have a department-owned Windows desktop, these steps are unnecessary. If you are not automatically receiving your network drives, please contact ITSC Staff immediately.
- Right click This PC on the Desktop or on the left in File Explorer and select Map Network Drive
- Enter which network share you wish to connect to. Typically, the address used for the AAE file server is:
Within that share, you will find the following subfolders:
- groups - location for most projects and group shares
- dept - location for adminstrative department files
- temp - location for community file sharing
- users\<yourCampusNetID> - your personal private files
\\research.drive.wisc.edu\<pi-netid> If you are working with a PI that has data stored on ResearchDrive, use the preceding address to access that share.
- You can choose to select Reconnect at sign-in depending on your preference for that option.
- Click Finish
- Fill in your Campus NetID and password in the form <NetID>@wisc.edu
- Click OK