Topics Map > Technical Support > Job Market
Access AWS online material storage
Instructions to access the AWS S3 file storage area for job market candidates.
- Login to AWS
- Select the role that has your NetID in it, and click Sign In. (If you happen to have access to other UW AWS Accounts, be sure to select under Account 734098604960)
- Paste in your personalized AWS S3 Job Market Materials Url. If you do not have it, click here to retrieve it from the web profile app.
- To Upload, click the orange Upload button
- Drag and drop files into the specified area or click Add Files.
- Scroll down to Permissions, click to expand it. Select Grant public-read access and check I understand the risk of granting public-read access to the specified objects.
- Click Upload.
- Once the upload is complete, you can click on the item you've uploaded to get its URL
Use this link in your JMC website.
- Receiving an "Access Denied" error when attempting to view your materials
This usually occurs if you forget to "Grant public-read access" when uploading new files.
Return to the main file listing, and select one or more files using the checkboxes to the left. (You can just simply do a select-all - there is no issue "re-granting" public access to files that are already set that way). Select the Actions menu and click Make Public