Topics Map > Technical Support
Staff/Faculty/TA printing to B&W_Rm401_Copier - Mac
Staff, faculty or TA printing to B&W_Rm401_Copier
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to setup Campus VPN for Mac BEFORE doing the steps below.
- Download and install the drivers FIRST.
- Go to Apple Menu-->System Preferences
- Select Printers & Scanners
- Click the "+" button to add a printer
If Advanced is in the menu, skip to Step #7. Right-click in the grey area next to Windows and select Customize Toolbar.
- Drag-and-drop Advanced onto the Add dialog box toolbar. Close the Customize box.
- Select Advanced and use table to configure print queue information:
- Search for the correct driver. See the table below for the model number to type in the search:
Type: Windows printer via spoolss Device: Another device URL: smb://print.aae.wisc.edu/B&W_Rm401_Copier Name: B&W Rm401 Copier Location: Rm401 Taylor Hall (supplies room) Use: SHARP MX-M623N PPD
- The settings dialog box may open after selecting the printer driver OR you may have to select the printer and click Options &
Supplies-->Driver AFTER the printer has been added. See the table below for the settings you should change for each printer:
B&W_Rm401_Copier Output Tray Options: Finisher
Punch Module: Installed
- When printing to this printer for the first time, you will need to authenticate.