Topics Map > Technical Support
Printing to AAE printers (including WisCard) - Windows
Instructions for connecting to AAE printers from Windows clients
Please note: If you are computer is not part of the
WIRED Taylor Hall network, you will need to Setup/Connect Department VPN BEFORE doing the steps below.
****If do not choose to save your password, you will need to perform steps 1-4 EACH time you connect your computer to the network for the first time (and after every reboot) ***
- Ensure that you are connected to either the campus wireless network or thru the Taylor Hall wired network.
- Open up Windows Explorer
- In the enter \\print.aae.wisc.edu and hit enter.
- You will be prompted for a username password. Use your Campus NetID and password in the form <NetID>@wisc.edu. Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of printers should appear. Right click on the printer you
want to install and click Connect. See more information about printers at AAE Printer Listing
- The should begin installing. You may be prompted for a driver. If so, click Install Driver.
- The printer should now be installed.