AAE Student Scholarship Process
AAE process for awarding student payments for scholarships and awards.
Scholarship definition:Student award payments that are not tied to services rendered or prizes for contest and competitions open to the public. If only UW Madison students were eligible to enter and win the competition, the transaction is a scholarship. There should be criteria and all AAE students who may be eligible to meet that criteria should be eligible. Examples: best research paper, best TA, Master’s student working as an intern in the area of community development.
- The solicitation for the award (email sent to students who may be eligible) or the award announcement if students are automatically entered based on their student or work status. For example, if all TAs are automatically eligible for an award, we would just want the announcement.
- The award letter/email should include:
- Students full and legal name.
- Criteria for the award.
- Amount of the award.
- If UW Foundation funds, identify the donor and include a stipulation that the awardee is required to write a thank you note to the donor before payment will be processed.
- Graduate or Undergraduate.
- International or US Citizen.
- Provide the above documentation to Jo White.
- For International students - Jo will Contact OHR to determine if student is NRA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Resident or resident aliens: Jo will process payment through the Bursar’s Office.
- Complete the CALS Student Award Payment Form
- Account code 5709 and program code 4 should be used if the award is to be used towards research related expenses, including travel for presentations.
- Account code 5711 and program code 9 should be used for other academically related competitions.
Non-resident aliens: Nancy Carlisle will process as a lump sum payment.