Diversity & Inclusion Training Accessibility and Usability Information (Students)
The diversity and inclusion training called “Our Wisconsin” is required for incoming undergraduate students and offered to groups by request at UW–Madison. This training is offered through the UW-Madison Office of Inclusion Education, and provides awareness-raising information and resources. The interactive, online training is offered through the EverFi platform via Canvas.
- To report an accessibility or usability barrier, or to request assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- For more information regarding this training, see Our Wisconsin.
Accessibility and usability barriers
The following information is provided to help people with disabilities know what potential barriers may exist within the Our Wisconsin online training. Accessibility findings have been sent to the vendor with a request to make the user experience accessible to all students, including those with disabilities.
Screen reader navigation may be difficult for people with visual disabilities
The following screen reader barriers may make it difficult to complete certain tasks via screen reader.
- Some images are missing alternative text
- In the pre-course survey, some questions allow students to write in a custom response to a multiple choice question. These fields are missing a screen reader accessible label.
Magnification may be difficult for people with low vision
The following magnification barriers may cause barriers for students who are viewing the course while magnified:
- When magnified at 400%, it may be difficult to complete course surveys as survey text overlaps.
- The “Profile” menu does not show all menu items when magnified above 200%