Advising Gateway Accessibility and Usability Information
- For Advising Gateway application specific help email email@example.com
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk for general assistance or to report an accessibility or usability barrier.
- Advising Gateway KnowledgeBase article for general use
- Office of Data Management & Analytics Services - Data classification
- Office of the Registrar - FERPA overview
Accessibility & usability barriers
The following information is provided to help people with disabilities know what potential barriers may exist.
Screen reader barriers may be difficult for people with visual disabilities
- Mis-labeled controls, grouped items, and a lack of confirmation make navigating to some content with a screen reader difficult or impossible.
- The search page has a flyout menu that will receive focus but when selecting items within the menu, focus is sent behind the open menu into page content.
- Logout not available via screen reader.
Keyboard navigation barriers may be difficult for people with motor disabilities
- Some items are not in the logical tab order, making them difficult to navigate via keyboard.
- Logout not available via keyboard navigation.
Color contrast accessibility barriers may be difficult for people with visual disabilities
- Some items and focus indicators have low color contrast, causing difficulty reading or focus indication for people with low vision or color blindness.
Magnification barriers create difficulties perceiving information for some users, such as people with low vision.
- Once the application reaches 200% screen magnification, the tables require the user to scroll horizontally.