Science Research Internship for High School Students
Science Research Internship - Admission and Enrollment Process
Preselected high school students in Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD).
This program is only for students preselected by the MMSD school district.
Complete steps 1-4.
1. Preselected students can apply online by the deadline (May 1, 2018):
- Complete the online UW-Madison Special Student Application.
- Application tips:
- You are applying to UW-Madison as a University Special student and should select High School student (UNHS) as your Special student type.
- In the application statement, please indicate you are applying for the Summer Science Research Internship program.
- Respond to all items to avoid delays in processing your application.
- The Parent/Guardian Consent form completed and signed by your parent or guardian
- A copy of your high school transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable) sent to-
Attn: Jennifer Sandridge
Adult Career and Special Student Services
21 N Park St., Suite 7101
Madison, WI 53715
OR fax to: 608-265-2901 OR scan and email your high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Enroll by the deadline:
Once your lab placement has been coordinated, the department in which you will be working will reserve a spot for you in their independent study course and give you a course enrollment number (5 digits) .
For the following steps refer to the instructions included with your admission letter or view them in the Orientation and Introduction PowerPoint slides
- Activate your NetID
- Enroll via Student Center within your MyUW portal
- Confirm enrollment by returning to the Student Center-you should see the class listed there.
Important UW-Madison Special student dates (for Summer Science Intern program):
- May 1, 2018 - Deadline to apply and submit the parent/guardian consent form and your transcript
- June 1, 2018 - Deadline to enroll (without $50 late enrollment fee)