Course enrollment - Guest and Senior Guest Auditors
Course enrollment instructions for Guest and Senior Guest auditors.
Admitted UW-Madison Guest and Senior Auditors
Guest auditors and Senior Guest auditors may begin enrolling the first day of classes of their admitted term. Enrollment can occur once they have been given permission to enroll from the department and permission has been entered by the department (see steps 3, 4 & 5). (Please note: Prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison, you must apply and be admitted as a student.) (For those participating in Tim Gattenby's course, go to this link Kinesiology 125 - Adapted Fitness course )
Steps 1 and 2 can be completed before the first day of class.
1. Create a username/login.
- This is called activating your NetID. Go to my.wisc.edu to activate your NetID which will create a username/login. To create/active your NetID you will need your10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission.
- Need help? Obtain instructions to activate your NetID here. Former students can get help with NetID and password at https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/. Current or former UW-Madison employees who already have a NetID, please see information listed at the bottom of this page.
- Guest auditors- https://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/advising/guests.htm
- Senior guest auditors (60+ Wisconsin Resident) Course audit restrictions and class search instructions can be found here: https://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/advising/audit60.htm
Steps 3 through 5 can be completed on the first day of class.
3. Attend the first day of class with your permission to enroll form.
- Complete this Permission to Enroll form. This form will be included in your admission letter as well.
- Attend the first day of class, ask the instructor if they will sign your permission to enroll form.
- The staff in the department will enter your permission into the computer, however, you will NOT be officially enrolled in the course at this point.
- Remember to confirm with the department when the class permission will be entered AND when it will expire. Verify 5-digit class number you will use in Step 5.
- Log in to your MyUW using your NetID and password and select your Student Center.
- Review our detailed enrollment instructions. (Please note, you may need to select a discussion course when enrolling, even though you will not be attending the discussion).
- If you are still not able to enroll, please contact our office at 608-263-6960 for assistance.
- Avoid $50 late enrollment fee by enrolling in your class by the enrollment deadline.
- Enrollment confirmation: view your course in your Student Center "Summary Grid" with your enrolled courses listed.
Current or former UW-Madison employees:
- The 10 digit ID number found on your Letter of Admission or email is your campus/student ID number NOT your employee ID number.
- If you go to your MyUW portal and do not see a Student Center, following step #3 here NetID-Activating Your Account . Please contact the DoIT Help Desk with any questions regarding this process.
Follow this link to 'Learn More' about the glossary terms listed in this document: