Returning Adult and Nontraditional Student Scholarship Application Tips and Information
Application tips for students applying to Returning Adult and Nontraditional Student Scholarships
UW-Madison admitted, degree-seeking returning adult and nontraditional students.
Tips and information for students applying for returning adult and nontraditional scholarships.
- Be as complete as possible and provide as many details as necessary to address the questions. You may be asked to explain your financial need, academic success or potential, educational and career goals, commitment, and service to the wider community. At the same time, please do not share with us anything you are not comfortable sharing.
- Feel free to add information such as; challenges and opportunities you face as a nontraditional student; what receiving this scholarship would mean to you and/or your family; academic, vocational or life experiences; and any financial challenges you may encounter, either as a single parent, returning adult, or other nontraditional student.
- Your application is confidential (except your 100-word bio). Your application is only reviewed by:
- Adult Career and Special Student Services Scholarship Committee (which include staff from ACSSS and the Office of the Registrar).
- Scholarship donors (only if part of the review process).
- UW employees who require access for processing or review.
- Should be written in the third person.
- Some ideas for things to write about:
- What means the most to you.
- Challenges you have faced as a returning adult or single parent student.
- Educational or career goals.
- Sources of inspiration.
- List two references: one professional and one educational. List name, relationship to you (i.e. professor, mentor, advisor, supervisor, coworker) and include their email and phone number. Uploading a letter of reference will not be necessary.
- You can save your application and come back to it to make changes, however, once you click submit you cannot go back to make changes. Wait to submit until you have reviewed it and are completely satisfied with how you answered the questions and have uploaded all necessary documents. The application will close on February 20, 2018.