Academic Staff Assembly Document #406
9 March 2009
Districting and Representation Committee
Annual Report for 2007-08
• Each month, the DRC districted an average of 150 new academic staff members and reviewed district assignments for an average of 95 academic staff members with changes in title or department. This amounted to a total of 2,944 district placements and reviews for the year. As of the end of the 2007-08 fiscal year, the total number of academic staff in the districting database was 7310.
• Reviewed district profiles and district membership for logic and consistency, making corrections as needed. Responded to individual queries about districts and/or district placement.
• Reviewed districts as needed to fit within required size limits (35 to 75 members per district); prioritized those districts in need of adjustment.
• Provided Secretary’s office with monthly lists of new and changed academic staff.
• Updated the DRC database of district members on a monthly basis and posted to the DRC website - http://drc.academic-staff.wisc.edu/
• Updated Public District Profiles (PDP) and “short” district descriptions as necessary - found on DRC web site and Academic Staff Assembly Handbook.
• Contacted representatives as needed regarding “grandparenting.” This procedure allows a representative who typically would be moved to a new district due to title, department or location change to remain in their district for one year or the next district election, whichever is later.
2007-08 Committee Members
Anne Gunther, Chair