Agenda ASCC monthly meeting
Feb 3, 2012 from 11-noon, Room 2180, Mechanical Engineering bldg
Committee Members for 2011 – 2012
Sonya Sedivy, Mark Lilleleht, Bob Ash, Peter Kleppin, Greg Iaccarino, Alice Pulvermacher, Bob Rettammel, Diane Doering, Jennifer Dykema
February 3 Agenda:
1. Updates and check-in from December 16, 2011 Meeting (Refer to December 16 minutes/notes)
2. Provide update/touch base on posting AS articles on the AS website
a. Alice has access to query academic staff status
b. We need volunteers to find articles weekly to post in the news
Sonya will scan Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Diana will scan CALS News
Peter will scan from UW Communications sources
Heather scans UW Communications. She subscribes to all UW press releases and also scans WSJ and CT.
c. We need volunteers with PC that will load articles on the AS website.
i. Sonya and Greg will do this
d. We are targeting starting this in February
e. Develop practices that are sustainable
f. Spend the first year identifying sources for articles
3. Academic Staff Branding/Identity Update (student interns are starting (Greg)
4. Showcase, March 27, 2012. Discuss our role with planning for Showcase.
Details, including application, are at: http://quality.wisc.edu/showcase.htm
5. February 9, 8:30-10:00 am, Union South (TITU): “Documenting and Communicating the Scholarly Work of Academic Staff” with Deanna Schneider, UW-Extension Cooperative Extension offered by Community Partnerships and Outreach (CPO) Staff Network. Is anyone able to attend on behalf of ASCC?
6. Review Academic staff site http://acstaff.wisc.edu/communications-committee.htm description for the communications committee and discuss what to update
NOTE from GREG: The interns have been reviewing the website as well, and have some suggestions/feedback that Greg will share.
7. Any additional agenda items?
Upcoming meeting dates, the Friday immediately following Academic Assembly meetings. February 17, March 16, April 13 and May 18 from 11-noon.
All meetings are in Room 2180 Mechanical Engineering, except for the April 13 meeting, which will be in Room 2188 Mechanical Engineering.